Day 2 post op.

J has been home almost 48 hours now. It’s been a long two days. We’re both sleeping in 2-3 hour blocks. Though last night I didn’t have to get up in the middle of the night, so I slept about 7 hours? But I did wake up a few times on my own. He finished his oral antibiotics. It was only 24 hours that he had to take them. His first physical therapy appt was yesterday morning and afterwards, he said he felt really good and you could see it in his movements too. He got in the backseat of the car quickly and easily. He scooted into his position and got his leg where it needs to sit. He’s having a hard time today with the exercises. I’m so worried his recovery time is going to be longer because he doesn’t want to push himself with the exercises. I’ll see how it goes the next few days and see how his PT goes Monday morning and see if they think I need to push him harder. I go back to work Tuesday and will be gone 5 hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Then Thursday I will be gone 10 hours. I’m nervous about that. I don’t know if someone needs to be here on the short days but someone definelty needs to be here Thursday. He’ll need to work on his exercises then and someone will need to take his brace off and back on for him and bring him ice packs. Hopefully P can come over. JP might come stay with us too, that’d be nice to see my little bro bro!! And to know I always have an extra hand. I’ve gotta work on laundry today or tomorrow. I need to get up and turn the AC up, it’s really cold in here since its raining today. I am just being lazy though. I had to do my own PT exercises last night, I could feel my muscles were tightening up from not being active for 2 days much. I’ve only been getting up when he needs something or I have to go to the bathroom. His parents came over last night for a few hours so I could shower and go to the store. I needed dog food and cat litter. Plus press and seal Saran Wrap when he wants to try to shower. Plus a removeable shower head to help with that. I had to buy stuff to build our own big ice packs. I still need to make them. I bought a bunch of drinks for him too. He didn’t ask for any special foods though, he’s only eaten crackers and toast the past two days. We have stuff here and I told him I’ll make him whatever he wants but he hasn’t requested anything. I feel so bad for him. My big strong fiancé is completely immobile and helpless. We’re both seeing different sides of each other now and we’re spending all our time together now. He’s told me thank you several times and I tell him anytime, just lets not do this again. Lol, I told him if it has to happen again, I’ll take care of him of course, but lets just try to avoid any and all injuries. He agreed. You can see he gets frustrated by this. I love him so much and it’s so hard to see him in any sort of pain. It’s hard dealing with the dog too, he keeps wanting to jump up there with him. He’s getting better at listening to us though when we tell him no though. He’s also choosing to just lay on my couch automatically. It’s still a chore though to get him to stay out of the way when J is walking to the bathroom. J had me put him outside this morning and when I came back inside he was trying to get up. Lol, he hadn’t told me he was going to get up!! But the dog stayed outside for about 4 hours then and was quiet the whole time so that worked out this time. I should go. Gotta get up!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s